Garage Door Maintenance
Garage Door Maintenance in O'Fallon
We get it – it is inconvenient when your garage door breaks down, especially when your car is inside and you need to go to work.
We recommend you consider a garage door maintenance plan to avoid these headaches and keep your garage door running smoothly all year round.
Even a one-time garage door tune-up will do wonders!
Why A Maintenance Plan?
- It helps prevent unexpected, frustrating breakdowns.
- It extends the life of your garage door & garage opener.
- It offers you discounts on parts, labor, and replacements.
Submit the form below for pricing and or ask about the program while we are there for your garage door maintenance.
- Good for up to (3) 8′ tall garage doors and openers
- Annual or recurring monthly payments
- 2, 3, or 4-visits with a 1-year minimum commitment
- 10% off parts
- 10% off labor between scheduled maintenance
- No service charges between scheduled maintenance
- 10% off replacement doors.
- 5% off replacement openers.
- 25 point safety inspections.
25-Point Garage Door Maintenance Inspection.
Whether you're having us perform a one-time garage tuneup or you join our ongoing garage maintenance plan, you can count on Hill Garage Door Co. to perform an extensive inspection of your garage door and opener.
- Rollers for signs of wear and tear, or even damage.
- Hinges for damage and excessive wear and tear.
- Spring Bar that holds the springs and turns the door as it opens for any signs of rust, bending, or other defects.
- Center Bracket for signs of bending and other common anomalies.
- Cables for fraying and kinking – both lead to damage.
- Drums for any unusual defects or even cracking.
- Balance. We'll make sure the garage door is balanced and the spring(s) are fully functional.
- Center Bearing for wear and tear or even burned out bearings, whether a single piece nylon bushing or a metal housing with actual ball bearings.
- End Bearing Plates to make sure there are no faults to allow the spring bar to turn freely as the door opens and closes.
- Struts to ensure the sanctity of the overall garage door structure. Some garage doors are equipped with multiple struts depending on the door weight.
- Section (interior/exterior) for any dents, tearing in the metal along with any other common types of damage.
- Vertical Tracks for bending and damage to occur so we'll check them to ensure they are okay.
- Horizontal Track holds the door while it is in the up position for bending and damage.
- Top Brackets that hold the top roller in place for wear and tear or bending and twisting.
- Bottom Brackets for wear, damage, and breakage (Mounted at the bottom of the lower garage door and hold the bottom rollers in place. These bottom brackets contribute to the lifting point on the garage doors)
- Jamb Brackets for its position, for any bending or other damage. Jamb brackets attach the vertical tracks to the framework on each side of the garage door opening.
- Safety Eyes for alignment (They keep the door from closing if a person or object is in the garage door's path).
- Springs for signs of rust and deterioration.
- Motor Gears for any wear. We will grease if needed. We will check the belt and/or chain for proper tension and sign of deterioration.
- Opener Controls for functioning efficiency.
- Opener Trolley/Carriage for any damage to the trolley or grinding in the screw drive openers if you have one.
- Wires for any signs of wear and tear or cracking in the wire coating.
- Test the Limits to ensure your garage door opens and closes to the proper locations.
- Opening & Closing Force Limits to ensure there is the proper force being applied to the garage door during opening and even closing.
- Weather Seal is inspected for dry rot and any other damages (rubber located at the bottom of the garage door)
Our inspections are thorough because our priority is to have your door run smoothly and safely for you and your family, 24x7x365. Dave Hill
If you allow us the privilege of serving you, we’ll treat you and your home with respect, answer all your questions with clarity, provide the best in value service, and always serve you with excellence.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should a garage door be serviced?
We recommend garage doors have general maintenance done 2x per year and at the minimum 1x per year in order to keep them running smoothly and quietly and to also locate possible issues that may arise. It is very inconvenient when you can't get your car out of your garage! Request a Maintenance Quote!
How much does it cost to service a garage door?
A general maintenance can cost between $74 and $99. Ask about our general maintenance plan to save on repairs and parts. Start Here!
What is included in a garage door tune up?
During a tune up we will do a complete safety check, make sure your garage door is balance properly and lubricate all moving parts. Request a Quote!
New Tuneup + Maintenance Program Request
Complete this form and a garage door specialist will contact you soon!